Partner with us and help make a difference
UNICEF, United Nations Children’s Fund, is the world’s leading UN organisation working for children. The Hong Kong Committee for UNICEF (HKCU) was founded in 1986. As a member of the family of UNICEF’s national committees, we organize fundraising and advocacy activities to provide support for UNICEF’s mission across over 190 countries and territories. We are now looking for high caliber individuals to join our team.
- Responsible for global and local desktop research on child related issues, research projects or public surveys, data collection and analysis, as well as content development to support advocacy work which includes but not limited to policy recommendations, stakeholder engagement, press activities and public awareness campaign.
- Develop tools for programme evaluation and impact measurement, and conduct situation analysis to inform strategic planning and reporting.
- Develop stakeholder engagement plan for different advocacy initiatives, and maintain close working relationship with working partners, government units, NGOs, universities and other stakeholders from the civil society.
- Assist in other duties assigned by supervisor.
- University graduate with at least 4-5 years’ relevant working experience, preferably in social policy and social research, public affairs or relevant fields. Candidates with less experience will be considered as Advocacy Officer.
- A good understanding of social issues and hands on research competence would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese.
- Proactive, agile, independent; able to work under pressure, long hours and on weekend when necessary.
- Positive team player with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Immediate available is preferred
If this is an opportunity you would be interested in, please email your application letter and resume with expected salary to [email protected] or send to the Hong Kong Committee for UNICEF, 7/F, SUP Tower, 75-83 King’s Road, Hong Kong.
The deadline for application is 29 November 2019. Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation within 3 weeks from the closing date.
(All information provided will only be used for recruitment-related purpose.)
Project Lead, Fundraising Events
Roles & Responsibilities
- Take ownership for driving project outcomes, developing and tracking project plans and identifying risks to delivery, along with a plan to mitigate them
- Monitor and follow through spending to ensure it is within agreed and approved budget. And work closely with other Fundraising teams and Departments for best coordination in delivering results and deployment of possible resources (including external parties, vendors, agencies and event supporters/volunteers)
- Develop effective communications and briefings to ensure key stakeholders are updated within agreed timeframes
- Lead the implementation of assigned projects of ongoing major fundraising events effectively and efficiently as per agreed plan
- Provide support to the team, and other duties as assigned by supervisor from time to time
The position will act highly independently to produce results. He / She is expected to be:
- A university degree in business, marketing, or related disciplines
- At least 8 years of experience in project management, including relevant experiences of management large scale events
- Goal-oriented self-starter who is able to be both a proactive leader and a hands-on participant in a collaborative work environment focused on achieving results
- Highly skilled in stakeholder engagement, communication and presentation
- Proven ability to work according to timeline and milestones, and to work independently, multi-task, while meeting tight deadlines
- Proficient in written and spoken English and Chinese
*Candidate with more experience will be considered as Project Manager, Fundraising Events.