Partner with us and help make a difference
UNICEF, United Nations Children’s Fund, is the world’s leading UN organisation working for children. The Hong Kong Committee for UNICEF (HKCU) was founded in 1986. As a member of the family of UNICEF’s national committees, we organize fundraising and advocacy activities to provide support for UNICEF’s mission across over 190 countries and territories. We are now looking for high caliber individuals to join our team.
Senior Manager, Operations (Governance and Legal Affairs)
This is a key management function that drives the efficiency of the operation of the Hong Kong Committee for UNICEF (HKCU). Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Senior Manager, Operations will serve as central enabling function across departments to implement good corporate governance, legal and compliance support, as well as process engineering.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage corporate governance, compliance and risk management function
- Acts as the focal point for HKCU legal service
- Assist the Chief Executive on Council / Sub-Committees operation
- Coordinate with UNICEF HQ on matters in regard to the relationship between HKCU and HQ such as business planning
- Review, analyse and make recommendation on process re-engineering for HKCU
- Lead, plan and manage the CRM upgrading project to completion
The successful candidate should possess the following qualities and qualifications:
- At least 10 years of solid management experience in relevant practices such as corporate governance, legal, company secretariat, administration, IT or human resources
- Experience in managing secretariat function of associations or company secretary for publicly listed company preferred
- High professional integrity and good business acumen
- Excellent language and presentation ability, both spoken and written. High fluency in English and Chinese and excellent skills in communication with local and global peers and with Management and Council
- A mature, motivated and hard-working individual with passion for children’s work within and outside Hong Kong
- A solid university degree with legal or company secretarial training an asset
Project Manager, Fundraising Events
Roles & Responsibilities
- Take ownership for driving project outcomes, developing and tracking project plans and identifying risks to delivery, along with a plan to mitigate them
- Monitor and follow through spending to ensure it is within agreed and approved budget. And work closely with other Fundraising teams and Departments for best coordination in delivering results and deployment of possible resources (including external parties, vendors, agencies and event supporters/volunteers)
- Develop effective communications and briefings to ensure key stakeholders are updated within agreed timeframes
- Lead the implementation of assigned projects of ongoing major fundraising events effectively and efficiently as per agreed plan
- Provide support to the team, and other duties as assigned by supervisor from time to time
The position will act highly independently to produce results. He / She is expected to be:
- A university degree in business, marketing, or related disciplines
- At least 8 years of experience in project management, including relevant experiences of management large scale events
- Goal-oriented self-starter who is able to be both a proactive leader and a hands-on participant in a collaborative work environment focused on achieving results
- Highly skilled in stakeholder engagement, communication and presentation
- Proven ability to work according to timeline and milestones, and to work independently, multi-task, while meeting tight deadlines
- Proficient in written and spoken English and Chinese
Lead, Donor Development
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Plan, assess and develop channels to acquire potential monthly and one-off donors and implement effective fundraising campaigns and products to maximise fundraising results.
- Monitor and evaluate all acquisition activities and make recommendations to improve future activities and feed into longer term strategic plans.
- Manage the face-to-face and all other off-line donor recruitment channels.
- Work collaboratively with the Digital team to drive online donor recruitment.
- Work with external service providers to produce engaging recruitment and welcome materials.
The position will act highly independently to produce results. S/he is expected to be:
- A university degree with an analytical mind
- Minimum 8 years of experience in customer/donor acquisition, business development, sales and channel marketing, or related experiences
- Result oriented and KPI driven
- Proficient in written and spoken English and Chinese
- A great team player with excellent interpersonal skills and can work well with multiple stakeholders
* Candidates with less experience will be considered as Specialist, Donor Development.
Corporate Communication Manager
Develop, implement, and monitor an effective communication strategy to enhance the brand equity of UNICEF in Hong Kong, increase engagement with the mass public, and broaden UNICEF awareness in the community.
Manage brand and reputation and act as custodian of the brand.
Monitor public opinions of UNICEF in all communication platforms (online and offline), identify sensitive issues and develop appropriate response mechanism.
Oversee crisis management and establish protocol for communications during crisis.
Advise, or execute as needed, on the effective use of tools of mass communication to achieve communication objectives.
Oversee, write, and edit as needed, all content of external communications materials (online and offline) including but not limited to website content, speeches, news release, newsletter, email announcement, etc, to ensure its alignment with the strategic communication plan.
Cultivate and maintain good relationship with media partners, reporters, KOLs, and maximize media opportunities.
Plan, organize and manage events as appropriate for publicity and promotion.
Recruit, hire, onboard and train new members of the communication team.
- University degree in communication, journalism, marketing, or related disciplines
- Minimum 8 years of experience in corporate communications, public relations or marketing and at least 2 years of managerial experience a plus
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in both English and Chinese
- Good interpersonal, management and problem solving skills
- Creative, highly motivated, passionate, detailed minded, and able to work effectively under pressure
Candidate with less experience will be considered as Assistant Corporate Communication Manager.
If this is an opportunity you would be interested in, please email your application letter and resume with current and expected salary to us. Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation within 4 weeks from the application date.
(All information provided will only be used for recruitment-related purpose.)
Lead, Donor Engagement
Support the formulation of individual donor loyalty building and value maximization strategies
Devise and implement an action plan for the strategies, and activities to achieve individual donor loyalty with UNICEF HK, including donor experience and communication, and maximize the results of retention programmes
Take leadership in strategising and execute effective engagement activities with donors, and work with team members and other teams for the deployment of communication channels including direct mailings, telemarketing, digital and social media platforms
Develop action plan with insights from in-house database and through new means in the market, to enhance donor loyalty
Manage risks for individual donor attrition, eg detection of signs of donor withdrawal and offer of options for retention
Plan and manage budget effectively to achieve the annual results
Point of contact in case of any emergenc(ies) occurs, to coordinate and communicate with other Teams members, and deliver the fundraising activities once an emergency appeal is launch.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor(s) from time to time
A university degree and ability to analyse and synthesize complex data and formulate insights and strategies
Minimum 5 years of experience in business development, loyalty programme, and / or membership management
Ability to work independently and think strategically regarding donor retention and development
Demonstrated work experience with project management such as event planning
Proactive, creative, independent, strong sense of integrity and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines and KPIs
Proficient in written and spoken English and Chinese
If this is an opportunity you would be interested in, please email your application letter and resume with expected salary to us. Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation within 4 weeks from the application date.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support Fundraising Department on daily copy writing and translation duties.
- Assist in the development of bilingual messaging and stories for print and digital communications, including brochure, booklet, advertorial copy, web copy, social media, multimedia or other material.
- Support the Fundraising Department on print collateral, email marketing and publications etc.
- Support fundraising events by assisting to develop media and marketing materials
- Liaise with marketing and design vendors to produce marketing materials
Background and Requirements:
- Diploma/ Degree holder in Management, Business Administration, Marketing or related disciplines;
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experiences in project management;
- Proven ability to handle multiple, complex tasks simultaneously, and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Proven ability to work accordingly to timeline and milestones;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work with people of all levels;
- Keen attention to detail, flexibility in high-pressure situations and the willingness to assist with all tasks needed;
- Proficient in written and spoken English and Chinese; and
- Proficient in MS Office, in particular PowerPoint