© UNICEF HK/2019
Hong Kong, 5 September 2019 ── Organized by Hong Kong Committee for UNICEF (UNICEF HK), the annual flagship fundraising event UNICEF Run for every child has attracted more than 130,000 participants to run for every child over the past 13 years. This year, the event will take place on Sunday, 24 November 2019, at Hong Kong Disneyland Resort and Sunny Bay. Enrolment has begun, and we aim to raise more funds to support UNICEF’s innovative work in preventing women and children from getting infected with HIV/AIDS. To thank our runners and rally for more resources, we have introduced an advanced mobile-friendly fundraising platform with personal fundraising pages and special incentive scheme, to mobilize more support to achieve an AIDS-free future. The platform is open for public for the first time, non-runners are also welcome to create their personal fundraising pages to offer their kind support to the good cause. In addition, we have added three “Youth Challenge Prizes”, where we hope more positive energy can be spread on campuses.
The UNICEF Run for every child offers half marathon, as well as 10 km, 5 km and 3 km (youth and family) races. We welcome the participation of individual runners, families, corporates and schools. This year, we have launched an enhanced mobile fundraising platform, where participants can create personal fundraising pages to share their philanthropic stories and amplify their belief in helping children easily by uploading videos, photos and posts. The platform also provides a social media sharing function so that runners can mobilize support from their friends and relatives. In addition, the platform is also open to supporters from the wider community, as we welcome the general public to show their support to children living in developing countries and the runners, and to rally for more resources in support of UNICEF’s work.
UNICEF HK has prepared various special incentives as a token of its appreciation to those runners who have successfully enrolled and created personal fundraising pages. The incentives are:
- A free personalized bib with name printed for each runner who has successfully created a personal page and received at least one donation.
- A chance to win prizes, such as limited edition UNICEF gifts or adidas water bottles, for individual runners and families who have met the specified fundraising target through their personal fundraising pages.
- 30,000 Asia Miles for the top online fundraiser in each of the following divisions: Individual, Family and Supporter (i.e. non-runner).
Aside from these new initiatives, another highlight is the Youth Challenge Prizes, where we welcome the participation of secondary and university students in the name of their schools. These student runners can challenge themselves by running in any individual race. At the same time, they can compete for three awards – Team Awesome Award (largest students’ participation), Make a Difference Award (highest funds raised online) and Your Voice Matters Award (the most popular cheering video) – and bring more positive energy to their campuses.
As the largest road-running charity event in Hong Kong, we take great effort to make it a family and environmentally friendly event. Measures that will be taken include:
- A finisher medal for every participant: For the first time, a finisher medal will be presented to all the runners who finish the race (including the 5 km and 3 km races) participants. Those participating in the Family and Youth divisions will also receive a valuable commemorative prize.
- The provision of professional breathable runner’s tees: The tees are made with elastic breathable materials.
- More water refilling facilities: The event last year was commended for being a “Green Outdoor Activity” for the first time. This year, we will continue to minimize waste by providing foldable cups and additional water refilling stations.
- Family-friendly facilities to promote nurturing care: Nursing Rooms and other family-friendly facilities will be set up to meet the needs of parents and children. Runners will also be invited to take part in other upcoming UNICEF HK’s family-friendly activities.
UNICEF HK appreciates the support given by the community in all these years, and it hopes that the new fundraising mobile website will become a platform for the public to support UNICEF’s work through the amplification of messages on social media.
Run for every child 2019 is made possible by Principal Sponsor China Cinda (HK) Holdings Company Limited. Other sponsors include Gold Sponsors Asia Miles Limited and New World Development Company Limited, and a number of supporting partners. Official Sportswear adidas Hong Kong Limited will provide event souvenir T-shirts and training workshops for runners.
Run for every child 2019 Enrolment Details
Enrolment Deadline: Tuesday, 8 October 2019
Event Date: Sunday, 24 November 2019
Event Location: Hong Kong Disneyland Resort and Sunny Bay
Enrolment Website: run.unicef.org.hk
Fundraising Mobile Website: pfp.unicef.org.hk
Enrolment places are limited, and they are processed on a first come, first served basis. The organizer reserves the right to make an early termination of enrolment without prior notice. Please visit run.unicef.org.hk for details.
For more information, please contact:
Hong Kong Committee for UNICEF